IMPORTANT: You must have a witness signature to vote by mail in the November 2 General Election, a change from last year's election.
KNOW YOUR VOTING RIGHTS
Voting is our right and our civic responsibility. Our democracy is stronger when everyone participates. Know your voting rights and make a plan to vote as early as possible. In the drop-down menu below, you will find information related to:
- How to register to vote
- How to request your absentee ballot to vote by mail
- How to return your absentee ballot
- How to vote absentee in person
- How to vote on Election Day
- Virginia's voter ID law
- Restoration of voting rights
- Volunteer to be a poll worker
- Top questions asked by voters
Important voting deadlines
For the November 2 General Election:
- First day of in-person early voting at local voter registration office: Friday, September 17, 2021.
- Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration: Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
- Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you: Friday, October 22 2021. Request must be received by local voter registration office by 5:00 p.m.
- Voter registration offices open Saturday, October 23, 2021 and October 30, 2021 for early voting.
- Last day of in-person early voting at local voter registration office: Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.